Event will take place on Sunday 7th August 2016 on St Matthew’s Piece, Cambridge between 12:00 and 16:30.
Thank you to everyone who donated prizes and who bid for items in our charity auction. Bids for the items raised several hundred pounds for PACT!
BUT – it’s not over yet! The reserve price was not met for 7 lots and these are still up for grabs until 1 August. They are:
4. Computer Resale – Dell Pentium IV PC, 3.4GHz, 80GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, DVD-RW, 8x USB, including monitor, mouse, and cables
5. WT’s Snooker (1) – a lifetime membership, and play a snooker frame with Joe “The Gentleman” Perry, a world championship quarter finalist
6. WT’s Snooker (2) – a lifetime membership, and play a snooker frame with Neil “The Thunder from Down Under” Robertson, a world champion
7. Tattoos by Fabio – ear-piercing voucher worth £25
13. Kelsey Kerridge (1) – 1 x course for 10 gym sessions, RRP £64
14. Kelsey Kerridge (2) – 1 x course for 10 fitness classes, RRP £56
18. Cambridge United – family ticket for four to a match next season
This auction is a ‘silent auction’ or ’sealed bid auction’ – a written bids state: 1) your name & contact details; 2) the item you are bidding for; 3) the maximum price you are prepared to bid for the item. Whoever submits the highest bid for the item wins the item. There is no limit on the number of items for which you are allowed to bid: and you are allowed to bid more than once for an item. Only the highest bid will be counted. All bids are binding: winners must pay in cash when they collect their prize (at a mutually convenient time).
Email your bid, contact details, and lot details to firstname.lastname@example.org!
PACT is delighted to announce the winners of our PACT/Norfolk Street Summer Event carnival costume competition, and to share the photographs that have won and were shortlisted for our PACT Summer Event 2013 photographic competition!
The shortlisted photographs, submitted by members of the public and voted on by PACT’s trustees, were on display at our AGM on Tuesday 9th July in the Squeaky Gate community room from 7:30pm. They will then be on display at The Box Café on Norfolk Street, with kind permission of Ozy. The winning photographs were selected by Dave Harwood, professional photographer for the Cambridge News, and announced at the AGM:
- 1st place: Steven Lee with a striking shot of the Chinese lion dance that opened the Summer Event
- 2nd place: Steven Lee, again! A candid shot of a couple examining the schedule of events
- 3rd place: Matt Hodgkinson’s shot of the colourful ‘Graffiti Gardens’
- Kenn Martin deserves a special mention, having taken 11 of the 25 shortlisted photos
Carnival costume winners
We were so excited by the response to our carnival costume workshops and the parade on the day. Here are the best costumes from the Carnival Parade:
- First place: Paul Little as the fly – and yes, those ARE windscreen wipers which found new life as his antennae!
- Second place: Evie as the red bird
- Third place: Siâna C-R as the ladybird – complete with leaf!
Congratulations to all three! An honourable mention goes to Herbie for his simple-but-super toadstool costume.