PACT is delighted to announce the winners of our PACT/Norfolk Street Summer Event carnival costume competition, and to share the photographs that have won and were shortlisted for our PACT Summer Event 2013 photographic competition!
The shortlisted photographs, submitted by members of the public and voted on by PACT’s trustees, were on display at our AGM on Tuesday 9th July in the Squeaky Gate community room from 7:30pm. They will then be on display at The Box Café on Norfolk Street, with kind permission of Ozy. The winning photographs were selected by Dave Harwood, professional photographer for the Cambridge News, and announced at the AGM:
- 1st place: Steven Lee with a striking shot of the Chinese lion dance that opened the Summer Event
- 2nd place: Steven Lee, again! A candid shot of a couple examining the schedule of events
- 3rd place: Matt Hodgkinson’s shot of the colourful ‘Graffiti Gardens’
- Kenn Martin deserves a special mention, having taken 11 of the 25 shortlisted photos
Carnival costume winners
We were so excited by the response to our carnival costume workshops and the parade on the day. Here are the best costumes from the Carnival Parade:
- First place: Paul Little as the fly – and yes, those ARE windscreen wipers which found new life as his antennae!
- Second place: Evie as the red bird
- Third place: Siâna C-R as the ladybird – complete with leaf!
Congratulations to all three! An honourable mention goes to Herbie for his simple-but-super toadstool costume.