Cambridge Open Studios 2013 starts this weekend, giving a chance to meet local artists and see them in action. It runs over four weekends, the 6th-7th, 13th-14th, 20th-21st, and 27th-28th July – not all of the artists are doing all the weekends, so do check the dates. There is plenty on offer for people in Petersfield – 14 artists in all!
Running roughly north to south…
* Alison Peock is a contemporary silversmith, and will be open to visitors 20-21 and 27-28 July at 73 York Street.
* Rosemary Catling is a painter, printmaker, and digital artist. She will be welcoming visitors to 10 Gwydir Street on 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28 July.
* Irene Wilkes is open each weekend at 21 Milford Street. She is a painter who works with many different media.
* Carole Ellison works on still life, landscape and nudes in pastels, watercolours, and sketches. She’ll be open on the middle two weekends, 13-14 and 20-21 July, at 40 Gwydir Street.
* John Tordoff uses mixed media and collage to create landscapes of Cambridge and Umbria and still life. He’s at 38 Norfolk Terrace, again on the middle two weekends – 13-14 and 20-21 July.
* John Wiltshire does paintings and drawings inspired by folklore and natural history, and will be offering cake and cordial to visitors to 35 Sturton Street on 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28 July.
* Just down the road at 22 Sturton Street, and on the same weekends, Seb Antoniou is a painter and illustrator. See his portraits, landscapes, and graphic novel illustrations.
* Seb’s neighbour at number 20, Binnie Macellari, is also a painter. Her landscape and seascape oil paintings can be viewed 6-7, 13-14, and 20-21 July.
* Sheila Farrant, paints life drawings in pastels, and landscapes in acrylic. Drop in at 16 Cross Street on 13-14 and 20-21 July.
* Crossing over Mill Road, the St Barnabas Rd Group is offering work on 6-7 and 13-14 July by Jessica Hebden (printing, etching and drawing), Claire Holmes (silver jewellery, etched and textured) and Jacki Perry (pottery/ceramics) at 24 St Barnabas Rd.
* Two artists on Glisson Road round off Petersfield’s Open Studios artists. Rog Palmer is an action photographer of shapes, movement and emotions from dance. Virginia Neild draws taking inspiration from dance and music. They’re both displaying their work at 5 Glisson Road on 6-7, 13-14 and 27-28 July.