Norfolk Street is the venue for our annual Summer Event, this year on Saturday 22 June.
From the city centre, you can get to Norfolk Street by going up Burleigh Street past the Grafton Centre, and crossing East Road at the pedestrian crossing. From Mill Road, you can walk through the Mill Road Cemetery or up Gwydir Street and come out on Norfolk Street.
Places of interest:
At the corner of Norfolk Street and St. Matthew’s Street is the Millennium Garden, created in 2002 by PACT and the City Council. The PACT noticeboard is by the Millennium Garden, outside the dental surgery.
St. Matthew’s School, headmaster Tony Davis, at 19 Norfolk St is the area’s primary school.
Alex Wood Hall, 75 Norfolk St, is Cambridge Labour Party headquarters.
The Old School, now converted into housing but still identifiable by the ‘Boys’ and ‘Girls’ entrances. This was Norfolk Street infants, the first school in St. Matthew’s parish, which opened in 1875, and closed in 1933.
Shops and businesses:
All Seasons Food, Afro-Caribbean specialist food & convenience store, owner Yemi Macaulay. 4 Norfolk St.
Andrew Grove and Co., solicitor. 11 Norfolk St.
CB2 Bistro, restaurant, coffee shop, and music and performance venue, the same owners as Mill Road’s CB1. 5/7 Norfolk St.
Featuring the Cambridge Improv Factory, every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. Website, Facebook.
Cook for You, Chinese takeaway and fish & chips. 61 Norfolk St.
Divine Hair and Beauty, Afro Caribbean hairdressing for men & women. 16 Norfolk St.
Lan Hong House, Chinese restaurant and takeaway. 12 Norfolk St.
Lingo Cards, language cards for travellers, owned by Percy Chikobvu and Sabina Wortley. 16 Norfolk St.
News and More, newsagents, owned by Shailesh Patel. 92 Norfolk St.
Norfolk Street Dental Surgery, dentist Peter Mullins. 24 Norfolk St.
Norfolk Street Enterprise Centre, 47-51 Norfolk St. Website. This contains:
- Arts & Minds, charity offering arts participation for people with mental illness and learning disabilities. Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Cogwheel Trust, counselling and psychotherapy. Website.
- Salus Wellness Clinics, complementary health centre, owned by Massimo Gaetani. Website, Facebook, Twitter.
- Spanish Amigos Cambridge, Spanish language classes and clubs. Website, Facebook.
- Squeaky Gate, creative education, production and performance company/charity. Website, Facebook, Twitter.
- The Box Café, family-friendly coffee shop, Turkish meze, English snacks, owned by Ozy. Website, entry in Independent Cambridge, Facebook.
- Uppercuts Cutting Company, hairdressers.
Please feel free to reuse these images – if you do, please link to the image and say: © Copyright Petersfield Area Community Trust, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. More pictures of the Petersfield area are in our gallery.